Kid Craft Hours, Ages 4-12
Time & Location
About the Event
Welcome to Craft & Canvas—Where you make it and take it home with you.
Have you heard? Stacey, the owner of Craft & Canvas, is a teacher in Charleston County. Why is that interesting? Because you can be comfortable leaving your children with her for a short amount of time. Do you need to run errands, get some housework done, or just get them out of the house before you lose your cool? Or perhaps your child doesn't want a whole week of crafting like in the camps, but a day is great. Then Kid Craft Hours is the answer for you and the place for them.
It sounds perfect, but it's not completely. Craft & Canvas is new to the neighborhood. As such, we are trying to drum up interest in summer camps. While the response has been slow, we hope it picks up. All this is to say that Kid Craft Hours can only run when camp is not in session. If camp is not in session, then Kid Craft Hours will operate Wednesday - Friday from 10 am to 4 pm. We encourage you to call ahead to ensure that your children get the attention they deserve, 843-801-8960
How it works:
- The minimum amount of time we will work with your child without you present is 1 hour and the maximum is 3 hours.
- You can drop your child off between 10 am and 3 pm (because it ends at 4), Wednesday through Friday.
- The first time you come in to register your child, we will also ask for you to sign a publicity release and for payment.
- You can stay for the time your child is here or you can use the service of leaving him/her here under Stacey's supervision.
- While your child is here, we will determine what the best crafts or painting for them is, and we will embark on that adventure. Creativity and imagination will be encouraged. Also, the completed work will be 100% their own.
- When you return and/or the time is up, Stacey will offer a short report on how successful the time was for your child and suggestions for next time.
Again, be aware that this service will only take place on the days when camp is not in session. Please call ahead to determine if this is the case. Or you can stop in to check it out, knowing that it may not be possible to leave your child here to craft and/or paint.
Since the schedule is not set (although it has to be listed under events as if it is), you do not have to register or pay until you drop your child off.
The rates for Kid Craft Hours are as follows:
1 Hour ....... $25
2 Hours ...... $45
3 Hours ...... $65
- Partial hours will be rounded to the next 15 minutes.
- Siblings can join in the fun for an additional $15/hour each.
- If your child remains on the premises without an adult for longer than 3 hours, you will be charged an additional $12 for each 15 minute block of time.
All Craft & Canvas policies and regulations apply while your child is here representing you. In addition, please be aware that as a teacher, Stacey has participated in all of the training offered by the school district. This includes Darkness to Light and Stop the Bleed. As a teacher, she is a mandated reporter of child abuse. However, she is NOT CPR certified nor first responder certified. She will, of course, use her best judgement in the case of an emergency and will always act for the benefit and well-being of your child.
Questions? Give us a call 843-801-8960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org